This page contains affiliated links, which means I may earn a commission on clicks or the sale of a product you purchase through my links at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Gender reveals can look extravagant but be accomplished on a budget! Our gender reveal video and pictures were unbelievable and we didn’t have to spend a fortune. I am outlining how to throw an unforgettable gender reveal on a budget below.
Before I got pregnant, I knew we absolutely would find out the gender but wasn’t sure if we would have a big gender reveal. Well, once I was pregnant, we were so anxious to find out the gender and we saw how excited our family and friends were so we decided why not!
We chose to find out the gender fairly early, 12 weeks, by blood test. My best friend threw us our gender reveal when I was 13 weeks pregnant. We could have waited until the gender ultrasound before throwing the reveal but we wanted to know as soon as possible! It also gave us a longer amount of time to plan out our registry and nursery based on gender.
Gender Reveal on a Budget:
Everyone comes to a gender reveal party for one thing, the reveal! So, we focused on spending our money on the backdrop and reveal items that would make for an amazing reveal. We purchased a few other decorations and had food and drinks out but kept it minimal.
- Photo Backdrop: I love the balloon arch backdrops for parties and events but personally think people way overcharge for this! My husband made our photo backdrop out of PVC pipe for under $10. I added some white curtains I found on Amazon for $10. My best friend ordered a balloon arch kit for $15. We blew up all of the balloons and created the arch the night before. It did take awhile (a little over 2 hours) to get the backdrop set up but I think the time spent was worth saving a couple hundred dollars!
- Powder and Confetti: When planning the reveal, I didn’t want my husband and I to be the one launching or holding anything. I wanted to make sure our reactions wouldn’t be blocked by any prop or item. My best friend found Gender Reveal Surprise and chose to order the powder cannons and confetti canons.
- Smoke Bombs: My best friend decided to order a pack of these smoke bombs to use for photos after the reveal. It was such a good idea! My husband and I set these off and got to take some smiling pictures with the smoke after the reveal was done. They are really inexpensive but only last for a few minutes so I wouldn’t recommend using these for your actual reveal.
- Decorations: We ordered this “Here for the sex” yard sign from Amazon. We also hung up some lanterns, tassel garland, and an “Oh Baby” balloon sign by the food and drinks. At the entrance of our house, we did a fun poll using a $3 chalk board I found at Hobby Lobby.
- Food and Drinks: This is optional for a reveal but we wanted to have some food and drinks for everyone. We did a brunch and our family all helped contribute food. We also had an area set up with mimosas and bloody Marys.
So there it is, our gender reveal on a budget! I have to give a HUGE thank you to my best friend and gender secret keeper, Courtney, for making our gender reveal happen! Our family and friends talked about it for weeks and I will forever cherish the video and pictures.
If you are expecting, make sure to read my post on everything you will need to survive pregnancy!
Are you planning your gender reveal? Maybe a friend’s gender reveal? Have questions? Comment below or connect with me on Instagram! And don’t forget to subscribe to be notified of new blog posts.