This page contains affiliated links, which means I may earn a commission on clicks or the sale of a product you purchase through my links at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
When we found out we were expecting, we knew we had a big task ahead of us: turning our guest bedroom into a beautiful baby girl floral nursery. Huge shout out to my husband who made all my visions come to life!
In this post, I will be outlining the decor details. For more on nursery organization, head over to this post!
We had two main projects before we could start decorating: the closet and an accent wall. I looked up SO many ideas on Pinterest and knew what I wanted for the closet and main wall, regardless of gender.
Baby Girl Floral Nursery: Accent Wall
I had saved a ton of wallpaper ideas on a Pinterest board before I even knew I was pregnant. I loved the idea of having one main accent wall where the crib would go but did not want the whole wall to be covered in wallpaper. My husband and I agreed to do a board and batten accent on 2/3 of the wall and then placed wallpaper above it.
Baby Girl Floral Nursery: Closet
My husband and I felt this bedroom closet was wasted space. With the doors, you could not fully utilize the space. We decided to rip the closet rod out and drew out ideas on how to maximize the space. We landed on an open concept closet; we left the doors off and used Closetmaid organization to custom build the closet. For a more in depth guide on the building and organization of the closet, click here.
Baby Girl Floral Nursery: Items
I have linked everything that is still available that we bought and used in Kennadi’s nursery!
- Crib: I loved the look of this crib! It is also convertible to a toddler and kid bed. We chose a more neutral crib so we can could use it for the next baby if we wanted.
- Dresser: This was the most spacious dresser we could find. My husband was sold on the soft close drawers.
- Dresser Changing Topper: I personally didn’t want a changing pad to be able to move around on top of the dresser. This topper keeps it in place and has two areas for more organization.
- Glider: Okay, my husband made me sit in every. single. chair. at Buy Buy Baby. I narrowed it down to three and he chose the most expensive one. I have been using it for almost a year now and will say, it is worth every penny. It is an unbelievably comfortable glider.
- Bookshelves: My husband built our shelves and is very proud of them! He designed them so they can be easily removed off the wall for Kennadi to pick out books when she gets a little older. I linked a similar option from Amazon.
- Floor Lamp: I looked everywhere to find the perfect floor lamp. This was the only one I found that I loved the look of.
- Diaper Pail: This is the standard one that most people purchase. I don’t know how anyone could live without this! Just a little tip: Amazon makes their own diaper pail refill bags. They work just as well and are way cheaper.
- Wipe Dispenser: I didn’t see the need for a heated one. This one has worked great.
- Miku Baby Monitor: I really love this monitor. It is a more expensive option but is worth it. Here is my full IG review of the Miku.
- Owlet: A first time mom MUST HAVE. You will not regret it.
- Hatch: The best nightlight and sound machine on the market.
- Changing Pad: They all seem the same to me. I like the contoured edges on ours.
I am so in love with how Kennadi’s nursery turned out! Even better, it is extremely functional and has helped keep everything organized.
Are you planning out your nursery? Looking for inspiration? Let me know in the comments or connect with me on Instagram! And don’t forget to subscribe to be notified of new blog posts.
Leave a Reply